Founded in 1885, ASU Forensics has a proud tradition of excellence and competitive success in speech and debate. We are one of the last full-service speech and debate programs in the country.
Any Arizona State University undergraduate is invited to participate in the collegiate forensics program. Participating students need not be a communication major and you are not required to audition to become a member of the team. We welcome all levels of experience. You can join us if you have four years of high school experience or if you have never even seen a round of competitive forensics.
Collegiate competition is similar to high school competition with a few distinct differences. Additionally, college debate is similar to high school policy with a few differences in speech times.
- In college you can enter in as many events as you want, in fact, we encourage competition in multiple events!
- You can travel a lot or a little. We compete both regionally and nationally. Our national competitions take us all over the country!
- Our debate team and individual events teams travel to tournaments both together and separately.
- You set your own coaching hours with the coaches. We have a team meeting on Tuesdays but all of the outside work is up to you!
- Our squad room has tons of resources for you to use in preparing for competition and for schoolwork.
If you are interested in pursuing forensics at a collegiate level and would like to join the program contact: