Welcome to our undergraduate degree programs!
As one of the largest academic units within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Arizona State University on the Tempe campus, the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication offers two undergraduate degree programs. Our communication courses provide students with the tools to understand, analyze and respond to communication problems and opportunities in a variety of contexts, including interpersonal relationships, workplace teams, and community, civic and cultural groups.
Courses in our undergraduate communication degree programs at ASU cover such topics as:
- interpersonal and family communication
- communication in organizational life
- strategic communication in a global world
- conflict and negotiation
- the impact of gender, race, and class on communication
- intercultural communication
- persuasion and social influence
- rhetoric and public discourse
- the influence of performance on our individual and community identities
- and the role of technology on interpersonal, organizational and cultural communication
The BS in communication at ASU's Tempe campus focuses on how message processes create, maintain and transform identities...
The BA in communication at ASU's Tempe campus focuses on how message processes create, maintain and transform identities...