Academic Calendar and Class Schedules
- Academic Calendar - Registration, withdrawal and other important dates.
- Class Search - Search for classes for active semesters.
- Click here for override procedures for courses in The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- BA Degree Program and Major Maps
- BS Degree Program and Major Maps
- Areas of Emphasis in the Communication Major
- Science and Society courses and requirements
- Related Areas Courses
- Online MA in Communication - Discover more about the online master’s degree in communication from the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication.
- Major Map & DARS - Have questions about your Major Map and DARS? Click on the link for a helpful video explanation.
- Transfer Guide - See how courses and exam scores will transfer to ASU.
- Articulation - Be aware of the courses you have already taken, especially transferred courses, so you do not duplicate coursework.
- ALEKS Mathematics Placement Exam - The math placement exam is required for all First-Year and Transfer students, unless you have already fulfilled your math requirements prior to coming to ASU or have transferred an equivalent prerequisite course for the ASU math course you intend to take.
- Accuplacer Exam - This is a placement exam for English composition courses. Admitted students who have not sent official ACT or SAT scores will need to take this exam. If you already have credit for ENG 101, ENG 102 or FYC MET (check your DARS report for an explanation of FYC MET), you do not need to take the Accuplacer Exam.
- Second Language Placement and Proficiency Exams - If you plan to enroll in second language courses and have studied the language previously, take the placement exam to determine the appropriate course level, unless you have prerequisite transfer credit for the course you wish to take. For Spanish, you must take the placement exam, even if you wish to enroll in SPA 101. Only true beginners are eligible for 101-level second language courses. If you are already proficient in a non-English language and need to demonstrate this, see the proficiency exam section at the above link.
Academic Tutoring from the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication.
- GPA Calculator
- Financial Aid - Do you have Financial Aid questions? Click on the link or call 855-278-5080.
- Scholarships - Are you interested in free money? Click on the link to search for scholarship opportunities.
- Register for classes - How do I register for classes? How do I drop/add/swap a class?
- Drop/Withdrawal Deadlines - Utilize the Academic Calendar to find out when the drop/withdrawal deadlines are. Once you’re enrolled in classes, you can also view the drop/add deadlines on your My ASU page in the My Classes box (click on the calendar icon across from each course, next to the instructor's name).
- Medical Compassionate Withdrawal Request - The medical withdrawal policy covers both physical health and mental health difficulties.
- Academic Integrity - The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication strongly believe in academic integrity; thus cheating and plagiarism are not tolerated. Students are responsible for knowing the rules governing the use of another's work or materials and for acknowledging and documenting the source appropriately.
- Study Abroad - Think Study Abroad is too expensive? Think again. Learn about study abroad programs and how to make them work for you!
- Apply to Graduate - Students are required to apply for graduation in their final semester.
- Academic Tutoring - Resources for communication classes.
- Additional Tutoring Resources - ASU study skills, ASU Writing Center, Math Tutoring Center, Foreign language tutoring
- Career and Professional Development Services - Get help finding internships and jobs, or schedule career advising appointments. Create your Handshake account.
- Handshake - Create your career profile, build a network, find career events, and search for jobs, internships, and more!
- Internship opportunities -For the communication major.
- Internship opportunities - In Washington, DC.